Who Needs to Enroll?
Preschool is available for eligible 4 year-old children and those with disabilities beginning at age 3. A child with a disability is one who demonstrates a delay in one or more areas of development. Click here for information on enrolling in preschool.
How to Enroll
Set up an appointment with the school to enroll. Use the school finder to determine the school your son/daughter(s) should attend based upon your address. During this appointment, the parent or legal guardian must provide the forms and information listed below to register your child.
Click here for a printable checklist to help you organize your forms and information.
Kentucky Immunization Certificate - Parents/Guardians get form from Health Care Provider or Health Department
Original Birth Certificate
Preschool and Kindergarten: All children enrolling in preschool or kindergarten must have a physical examination performed within one year prior to their admission. This examination must be recorded on the school medical examination form and may be obtained from any Kenton County School or by clicking the Grades K-4 or Grades 5-12 Physical Exam Forms links on the right.
Middle School: All children enrolling in 6th grade must have a physical examination within one year prior to entry into 6th grade. This examination must be recorded on a school medical examination form and may be obtained from any Kenton County School or by clicking the K-12 Physical Exam Form link on the right.
- Copy of Child's Social Security Card
- Free Lunch Form (When appropriate)
- Proof of Residency - street address which may include utility bills to the legal guardian, rental/lease/purchase contracts, etc.
- If you are unable to provide a proof of residency, click here.
- Transcript, report card, and/or other academic records from prior school(s)
- Dental Screening Form- Due Jan 1st of the school year for ages 5 & 6 only. Available from the link on the right.
- Eye Examination Form- Due Jan 1st of the first school year that a 3-6 year old child is enrolled. Available from the link on the right.
Students should enroll at their school before the first day for students. If a student withdraws from another school, it is important to enroll them in a new school facility immediately.
For questions contact Kenton County School Board's Central Office @ 344-8888 and ask for Behavior Support or contact the schools.